When you have been charged with a crime, chances are you have questions.
- Am I going to have a felony on my record?
- Will I do jail time?
- Am I going to lose my job?
- Am I going to lose my driver’s license?
- Will this show up on a background check?
- What is a deferred judgment?
- Do I need to hire an attorney?
- Who can I call to figure out my next steps?
The attorneys at Whitney and Schowalter can help you answer these questions and get you going in the right direction. We understand how scary it is to be charged with a crime. Our clients feel confident knowing they have an aggressive, respected attorney on their side.
Whitney and Schowalter offers a no-charge initial consultation to discuss your case. We can talk to you over the phone or in person at our convenient and comfortable downtown Durango location. When you call Whitney and Schowalter you will talk with one of our experienced attorneys who can help you start to take control of your case.
We can assess your situation and help you come up with a plan for your case moving forward including:
- Your level of charge and potential consequences.
- What the next/first court date looks like.
- What a plea offer involves.
- Why it would be better to proceed with a lawyer, or if the case is very simple, how it might be resolved without a lawyer.
In most criminal cases, you will be better off at least consulting with an attorney. We are ready to help you move forward.